Saturday, October 23, 2010

Things that need further discussion

There are many things that I think can be other discuss. However, I think on most topic things can be clarify by reading up on different posts on the blogs and see how other people explain them. The concept that I want to discuss more is the conceal claim. Even though in the book, there is one chapter that is dedicated to the conceal claim. There are no discussion on this concept on other people and I think that it is important for people to understand it. People cannot understand a claim without knowing what the claim is. From my experience, conceal claim can be hard to identify. Sometime, people might get mislead by the wrong claim and misunderstand the claim entirely. In some situation it might be hard to identify where the argument is or what exactly is the argument is about. In the conceal claims, people tend to convince us by the choice of words they use instead of by stating the argument. There are many ways or literacy devices that help to conceal the argument. I think that the book, chapter 9 did a great job at explaining those literacy devices that are use in the conceal claim. However, I have found this one website where I find that the short definitions and explanations for the terms might be helpful.

http://bellevuecollege.edu/lmc/ilac/Curric/kint/phil7.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment